Cloud Platform Learning System Vs Traditional Enterprise Learning System
Varied forms of training and a wide spectrum of learners is the norm today because training is not only limited to schools, universities, or professional institutes. Training is also a vital HR function as well as Sales enablement in most organizations. Knowing your available options and analyzing suitable solutions for a learning need will help in creating or delivering cost-effective, goal-oriented and skill-enhancing courses.
Traditional Training model:
Training and development professionals know that traditional, instructor-led classroom training can be expensive, time consuming and limited in reach. However, the kind of knowledge imparted and the method used to impart it may differ depending on the needs of a human being or a group of individuals.
When faced with a situation to make a decision on whether to choose a classroom learning solution, consider the following criteria that impacts a traditional training system:
- Lack of uniformity or Trainer dependency
- Time management for a geographically spread work force.
- Lack of interactivity/Engagement for the trainee
- Significant resources in manpower and time is invested to get employees to finish a mandatory assignment
- Lots of manual paperwork in terms of reports
- Inefficient system of content delivery online (in pdfs over emails)
Cloud Platform based learning Model:
ELearning is the buzz word that has been around for a few years. As we advance in technology, the optimization of each tool becomes a norm. The latest device/tool to join this need for optimization are mobile phones. Mobile phones were already being used as music and video tools, cameras, computers to access the Internet and all social networking sites, banks for eCommerce, playing games, and now, as learning tools
When faced with a situation to make a decision on whether to choose a classroom learning solution, consider the following criteria:
- Cater to various learning styles
- A blend of videos, simulations, animations,ppts and quizzes will add to the interactivity resulting in enhanced learning
- Faster learning in half the time compared to traditional training is the main requirement
- Cost of training is reduced.
- Adaptability irrespective of size of audience.
- localization and geography are key elements of the decision
- Change is the only constant and a quick update in one location has to be reflected simultaneously at all locations.
- Standardization and retention level is improvised.
- Learning effectiveness and ROI can be monitored with Analytics.
- Group interaction is not limited to a location and the use of blogs, wikis, message boards, and whiteboards will add positively for an effective solution
- A course is required to be saved and can be reused, eliminating trainer dependency
- Summarizing the content of a learning topic/module soon after its completion
- Reiterating learning by stimulating recall a few days or weeks after completion of training
- Providing learning on-the-move for travelling executives such as sales personnel with little time for even taking eLearning courses is of prime importance.
- Enhanced user experience because of rich interactivity
- Automatic reporting at a click of a button
- Inbuilt Content Management System that can carry any kind of content